A Luxury Stay & an All-encompassing Supporter
As a landmark in the Violet Crown city, Fairmont Austin is proud to deliver an indulgent and world-class level of service to all our guests. Travelers attracted to the hub of energy that is Austin, will be delighted to find that Fairmont Austin radiates the warmth and character of the community.
In March 2023, we celebrated our 5th anniversary of Fairmont Austin opening it’s doors to guests. This milestone inspired us to continue to reflect on who we have been growing into since day one and what lies ahead.
Something important within our organization is that all feel welcomed. After all, this is the evolving pillar and purpose of hospitality.
Here at Fairmont Austin, we work very closely with our leaders and staff members to create an environment where diversity, equality, and openness are celebrated. In alignment with Accor’s efforts to work for a more inclusive hospitality industry, our hotel has an actively engaged LGBTQIA+ committee, led by staff members.
Fairmont Austin’s LGBTQIA+ Committee Mission:
- Creating an inclusive and judgment-free space to share experiences and ideas
- Help in planning and executing Pride Celebration activities
- Partnering with other LGBTQIA+ organizations in Austin to support community initiatives.
Local LGBTQIA+ Businesses We Support:
We are also a strong supporter of locally owned and operated businesses, which continue to serve as the backbone of this rapidly expanding metropolis.
Those who love to shop local will be delighted to know that Fairmont Austin is within walking distance of many amazing Austinite-owned shops, eateries, and entertainment venues.
Fairmont Austin’s nearest nightlife neighbor is the famed Rainey Street. This short stretch of road showcases a charismatic collection of historic homes, which have been converted into a diverse strip of fun-loving bars and restaurants.
For guests who love to dance the night away, Fairmont Austin recommends the electrifying Warehouse District. A former collection of warehouses, this local is now home to some of Austin’s most magnetizing Gay clubs. All it takes is a short jaunt on a scooter, and you are transported into a world of roaring music and flashing lights.
Photo Courtesy of Try Hard Coffee Roasters
Must-Visit LGBTQIA+ Owned Businesses in Austin:
- Try Hard Coffee Roasters – About as Austin as a coffee shop can get. With a DJ spinning classic vinyl, and a menu of food made in-house from scratch, Try Hard is a must-visit for coffee lovers.
- Jo’s Coffee – Serving up the classics, as well as many options with that Austin flair. The South Congress location is home to the famous “I love you so much wall”.
- Highland Lounge – From drag shows to twerk-offs and karaoke, Highland Lounge brings a fabulous flair to Austin’s Club scene.
- The Little Gay Shop – A new addition to the Austin Queer Business Community, your one-stop shop for independent LGBTQIA+ artwork and accessories.
- Oilcan Harry’s – Bringing a classic, old souled flavor to Austin’s famous Warehouse District.
- Rain on 4th – Get your drag bingo fix at Rain on 4th, and get to know the locations’ amazingly talented resident Queens.
- Barkin’ Creek – Pamper your pooch at Barkin’ creek, Austin’s premier dog kitchen, and bath.
- Cheer Up Charlies – A few blocks north of the Fairmont, Cheer up Charlies is a unique music venue & bar, offering a great selection of local beers, wines, and kombucha on tap.
2023 holds many exciting opportunities for positively contributing to Queer culture, and Fairmont Austin is committed to continuing our work internally and externally to support the LGBTQIA+ community.
We look forward to welcoming you!